Wednesday 6 August 2014

A sunflower purse

I've finished my first embroidery project.  It uses two stitches, chain-stitch and colonial knots. The design was sketched straight onto the fabric and three colours were used,  yellow for the sunflower petals,  then two shades of dark green for the centre. It is an ideal first project, easy but with the satisfaction of finishing something that doesn't take four months!



I've started my next project, a small pillow decorated with nine felt circles overstitched with decorative bright DMC stranded thread.



This design gives room to incorporate as many different stitches as you want to. A great way to practice all my new learning.

While I'm on a crafty subject. I went to a wool shop in Milford a couple of days ago. It's called Crafty Knitwits in Kitchener road. If you've ever thought about launching your creative spirit this would be the place to do it. No-one could leave this place without a little something to be going on with. Plus inside is a quaintly stylish café with great food served on mismatched china with linen napkins. Just georgous. They have knitting and crochet classes for the uninitiated too.

Feel free to leave a comment about any other really great crafting places you've come across.


No comments:

Post a Comment