Sunday 3 August 2014

Regaining control

Have you ever noticed that after a bout of illness you become enthused to put the world in order? It's a need to regain control and show that you're back at the helm of life. So once I was feet-back-on-the-floor and upright, a continuation of the great cull seemed in order.

But where to start? For a real feeling of control this had to be something much bigger than the kitchen junk draw. The Bloke must have seen the fanatical light in my eye because he bolted and wasn't seen again until the evening.

What space really annoyed me? What room made me rush to shut the door when unexpected visitors arrived? What room broke most of the health and safety laws of this land?  Of course,  I thought eyeing Miss A sharply.
"There's no escape for you today", I whispered under my breath.
"Why are you staring at me Mum?" Said Miss A looking up from the T.V.
"No reason love", I replied. "But I do need your help with a little job"...



Ten hours of hard labour, several meltdowns (Miss A, not me), and  three trips to the Red Cross charity shop later, I feel completely back in control!

Before...







And the after...

 


Now all I need is a wardrobe surround and a door!

No comments:

Post a Comment