Saturday 12 July 2014

Too much stuff

It's been raining for a week, and the wind has been relentless. It's also the school holidays. So we've been stuck in the house with two children, a small dog, and a large pile of washing. Now you'd think this would be the perfect time for some DIY, but the faster I cleared up and tried to get started the faster the kids seemed to create more mess. Feeling frustrated I began to wonder where I could create more storage space. I went to talk to The Bloke (that's a kiwi term for a man). Where I am the planner, he is the creater. This time The Bloke was the creater of an epiphany. "Honey, we just have too much stuff". I looked around at the house at all our things and realised he was right. A cull is in order. Not only is this good for the house and the mind, it also serves to remind me how easy it is to waste money buying stuff we don't really need. For a little inspiration I found this blog 365 less things. So it's out with the old, but not in with the new.



The beach this morning; wild, windy, and very wet.



No comments:

Post a Comment