Saturday 19 July 2014

Marital harmony ... and a sofa

You may think the things that would strain a marriage are likely to be big ticket items like infidelity, dishonesty, conflicting morals, or even conflicting parenting ideas. And these things do indeed cause conflict, but I am here to tell you that choosing a new sofa is right up there in the marital disharmony stakes!
Add into the mix two bored and tired children, and there is an afternoon spent miserably by anyone's standards (did I mention it was also raining?). 
The problem is the The Bloke and I have polar opposite tastes. I love an over stuffed linen covered sofa with a million cushions, while The Bloke likes leather, black, and mid century. *sigh*
So at the end of several hours, as a meltdown was imminent, (the children not me, come on now!) The Bloke and I stagger into one more shop, and there against the back wall sat the perfect sofa for us. We sit on it...oooohhhh it's comfy! But the colour isn't right..."No problem" says the salesman, "just choose another". There's a colour we both like! I feel hope start to seep through me. "How much?" The Bloke asks...it's in the budget, hooray, we'll take it.
With that, marital harmony is restored, and all is right in the world, well our tiny bit of it anyway.

p.s. pictures of the new sofa coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment